Fashion designer Georgina Chapman and bosses at Marchesa have cancelled the label’s upcoming New York Fashion Week show amid her split from disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein.
A representative for the high-end brand announced on Tuesday (30Jan18) that plans for the company’s runway show have been scrapped.
“Marchesa is looking forward to presenting their Fall 18 collection in an updated format this season,” a spokesperson told Entertainment Tonight.
The new collection will debut online instead, in place of the axed live presentation that was originally scheduled for 14 February.
Chapman, 41, and Weinstein, 65, married in 2007 and have two children together, seven-year-old daughter India and four-year-old son Dashiell.
The former couple reached a divorce settlement after their separation late last year, when he was accused of sexual misconduct by dozens of women, and a source has alleged that he will pay out an estimated $15 to 20 million (£10-14 million) to Chapman per their divorce agreement, but have not yet filed in court despite reaching a settlement.
“My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered,” the designer said in a statement to People after the allegations broke.
Since news of Weinstein’s alleged sexual harassment and assault went public in September, Marchesa has held a bridal collection presentation and released a pre-fall 2018 line lookbook.
As well as the misconduct allegations, a string of women, including Jessica Chastain, have accused the movie mogul of pressuring them to wear Marchesa gowns on the red carpet. Chastain recalled a time in 2013 when he told her to wear a dress from his wife’s label to the premiere of The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, which was distributed by the producer’s former firm The Weinstein Company, but she refused and opted to wear an Atelier Versace outfit instead.
© Cover Media