Bella Hadid has publicly called out cops in New York for failing to wearing face masks amid the coronavirus pandemic. Residents in New York State are required to wear a face covering outside if they are unable to maintain at least six feet of distance…
Bella Hadid has publicly called out cops in New York for failing to wearing face masks amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Residents in New York State are required to wear a face covering outside if they are unable to maintain at least six feet of distance from others, and so Bella took issue with members of the New York Police Department (NYPD) who were failing to comply with the rules when she went for a late-night walk in Manhattan earlier this week.
She took to her Instagram Stories on Wednesday to call out the cops by sharing a picture of her posing in the middle of the road while wearing a black mask, which covers her nose and mouth, a black ruched crop top and jacket, black pants, and a crossbody bag.
In the background of the first picture, three police officers can be seen standing together, not social distancing or wearing face coverings. Bella, who has her arms crossed, added the caption, “U guys look goofy” with arrows pointing to the trio. At the top of the photo, she wrote in bold capital letters, “Wear a mask”.
In the second shot, five cops can be seen congregating at the bottom of some steps, again with no face coverings or distancing. In the foreground, Bella appears to be holding out her middle finger to them.
“Hey @nypd masks are for all of our safety, not just urs…,” the model added.
The 23-year-old appears to be back in the Big Apple after spending the coronavirus lockdown at a farm in Pennsylvania with her mother Yolanda, sister Gigi, Gigi’s boyfriend Zayn Malik, and a couple of friends.
© Cover Media
Coco Rocha predicts that going back to work with the new Covid-19 safety guidelines will be “a little terrifying” for models.During the coronavirus lockdown, models have been taking charge of their own photoshoots, either shooting images themselves or …
Coco Rocha predicts that going back to work with the new Covid-19 safety guidelines will be “a little terrifying” for models.
During the coronavirus lockdown, models have been taking charge of their own photoshoots, either shooting images themselves or recruiting a friend, or posing outside for a professional photographer and without a proper crew, to keep in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
Rocha, who recently announced she was expecting her third child, predicts that going back to professional sets filled with a full crew will be tough on models as they will be more exposed than other members of the team.
“The scariest thing for models when we go back to work, is trusting that everyone on set is taking the proper safety measures. Everyone’s going to wear masks, everyone will wear protection, except the model,” she told People. “And the model must take off all her protections in hopes that the make-up artist is using clean brushes and the hairdresser is making the right decisions.
“So that to me, that has been a little terrifying to think now I have to trust everyone has been doing the right thing in this room and I’m going to have to hope that they have been. That is the scary next step for most models.”
As for the pandemic’s effect on the fashion industry as a whole, the Canadian model hopes leaders have been using the downtime to reflect on their business.
“I think Covid has kind of made everyone in all industries just stop and reflect and think about what was necessary and are we necessary and how can we rebrand and rethink as individuals, but also as companies,” she said.
© Cover Media
Victoria Beckham is restructuring her brand and going “back to basics” as the label tries to recover from the coronavirus downturn.The designer has decided to show just one collection a season for her eponymous signature line and her affordable Victori…
Victoria Beckham is restructuring her brand and going “back to basics” as the label tries to recover from the coronavirus downturn.
The designer has decided to show just one collection a season for her eponymous signature line and her affordable Victoria Victoria Beckham line, and starting next year, the collections will be available in stores.
And as a result of the restructuring, less than 20 per cent of the workforce – around 20 jobs – will be lost, mainly from the production side of the business at Beckham’s atelier in London.
There are also plans to add more denim and casual wear to the brands, according to WWD, and as a result, average selling prices of the Victoria Beckham line will be reduced.
The aim of the overhaul is to enable customers to buy a full wardrobe from the designer’s eponymous collection.
“It feels very relevant now to take things back to basics. It has fostered great energy and a real sense of creativity amongst the teams,” she said in a statement, noting that she and her team are looking at downscaling their upcoming presentation for New York Fashion Week in September.
“I’m really excited about revisiting the intimate approach to showing collections that I had when I first started the business,” she added.
Her spokesperson said that Beckham is considering art gallery locations where up to 20 people at a time could view her new collection, but that would be scrapped if there was a second wave of Covid-19 infections.
© Cover Media
Christie Brinkley is determined to shift the weight she’s gained while cooped up at home during the coronavirus lockdown.The model and actress is isolating with her daughters Alexa Ray Joel and Sailor Brinkley-Cook, and son Jack Brinkley-Cook, at her l…
Christie Brinkley is determined to shift the weight she’s gained while cooped up at home during the coronavirus lockdown.
The model and actress is isolating with her daughters Alexa Ray Joel and Sailor Brinkley-Cook, and son Jack Brinkley-Cook, at her luxury hideaway in the Hamptons amid the Covid-19 pandemic, and confessed she’s succumbed to the quarantine weight gain.
“I did put on a couple pounds,” the 66-year-old told Extra, before adding she’s been working on getting back in shape with her children and their partners, including Jack’s girlfriend Nina Agdal.
“I dragged my Total Gym into my bedroom, (and) getting out and gardening is a lot of work,” Christie explained. “We’ll take the boat to a deserted beach and we’ll do speed walks or running… I’m determined to get back to my fighting shape.”
The Sports Illustrated model shared her busy household is doing well during the pandemic, and said she’s counting her blessings.
“We’re healthy and that’s what’s the most important, and then we’re together and that’s wonderful,” she added.
Elsewhere in the interview, she discussed her daughter Sailor’s recent revelation that she’s been battling body dysmorphia and an eating disorder, and Christie is overjoyed that the 22-year-old is on the road to recovery.
“I know she’s always had… body image issues,” she shared. “I know that she loves food… She wanted to find that balance. She didn’t want to live a life of dieting… It was important to find a place where you want to fuel your body with really good things.”
© Cover Media
A Universal Pictures representative has denied halting production on Jurassic World: Dominion due to crewmembers testing positive for Covid-19. The third instalment in the Jurassic World franchise became the first movie to resume filming in the U.K. f…
A Universal Pictures representative has denied halting production on Jurassic World: Dominion due to crewmembers testing positive for Covid-19.
The third instalment in the Jurassic World franchise became the first movie to resume filming in the U.K. following the coronavirus lockdown when the cast and crew went back to set at Pinewood Studios outside of London at the start of last week.
However, it was reported by Britain’s The Sun newspaper on Friday that production had already been forced to shut down due to positive Covid-19 tests among the crew.
A representative for Universal, the studio behind the movie, denied the report in a statement to Variety.
“Any reports indicating that Jurassic World: Dominion has halted production are categorically untrue,” said the spokesperson. “The production is in its fifth day of shooting today, and we’re thrilled to be back in front of the camera on this incredible project.”
The movie, starring Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, alongside original Jurassic Park stars Laura Dern, Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum, was four weeks into its 20-week production when filming first shut down in March due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Variety reported that Universal would be implementing new safety procedures to keep the Pinewood Studios set free from Covid-19, with a $5 million (£4 million) testing operation in place.
However, despite the fact that the British government has waived quarantine restrictions for those working on major Hollywood productions in the country in a bid to let shoots get underway as quickly as possible, 72-year-old star Neill has decided to spend 14 days in quarantine following his arrival from New Zealand, with him telling The Guardian, “I feel it’s incumbent upon me to do so. It’s only fair.”
The movie is set to hit cinemas in June 2021.
© Cover Media
Halloween Kills and the Candyman reboot are among the horror movies being delayed until 2021 amid the coronavirus pandemic.The 12th instalment in the hugely successful Halloween saga, which sees Jamie Lee Curtis reprise her iconic role as former tormen…
Halloween Kills and the Candyman reboot are among the horror movies being delayed until 2021 amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The 12th instalment in the hugely successful Halloween saga, which sees Jamie Lee Curtis reprise her iconic role as former tormented babysitter Laurie Strode, was due to be hitting cinemas on 16 October.
Franchise creator John Carpenter, who directed the original 1978 movie, took to Twitter to explain the reasons behind the delay, and confessed he and director David Gordon Green were “heartbroken” by the decision.
“If we release it in October of this year as planned, we have to face the reality that the film would be consumed in a compromised theatrical experience,” he wrote. “After weighing our options, we have chosen to push the film’s theatrical release by one year.”
However, he did cheer up fans when he confirmed that the new film will see the return of a swathe of original cast members, including Brian Andrews, Nancy Stephens, Brent Le Page, Charles Cypher and Kyle Richards.
The 13th movie in the horror saga, Halloween Ends has subsequently been pushed back from 15 October 2021 to the following year.
Meanwhile, Universal Pictures has announced the Candyman reboot, co-written by Oscar winner Jordan Peele, has been postponed by three weeks, from September until 16 October.
And The Forever Purge, the latest instalment in the dystopian horror franchise, has got a release date of July next year, after being indefinitely delayed in May.
© Cover Media
Jonathan Anderson’s JW Anderson label has adopted a “full war effort” approach in recent months, according to the designer.Anderson has been hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, and had to close his Soho London store shortly after it opened in Mar…
Jonathan Anderson’s JW Anderson label has adopted a “full war effort” approach in recent months, according to the designer.
Anderson has been hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, and had to close his Soho London store shortly after it opened in March.
After cleaning his house “about 25 times” at the beginning of lockdown in the U.K., Jonathan got stuck into work and urged his staff to follow suit.
“We tried everything we physically could,” he said in an interview with WWD. “This company is tiny, but in moments like this the team put on a full war effort.”
Anderson realises there won’t be an opportunity to unveil his new collections via live fashion shows this year due to the social distancing measures in place. But he has come up with innovative ways to showcase his designs, including holograms of models wearing his creations and boxes filled with fabric swatches, inspirational messages and images from his men’s spring and resort 2021 collections.
“I am equally as proud of this as I would be of a show,” Anderson said of the box.
The designer has also realised that in order to succeed, he needs stop worrying what the industry thinks and “focus on my relationship with the customer”.
Anderson has been making the most of his connection with fashion fans after Harry Styles wore one of his colour block cardigans on The Today Show in February. The colourful patchwork knit was such a hit that it began trending on TikTok. Anderson recently dropped a downloadable crochet pattern for the must-have knit, after #HarryStylesCardigan attracted 300,000 views.
© Cover Media
Stella McCartney has been trying to avoid ordering new fabrics as she creates her Spring/Summer 2021 collection.The British fashion designer is known for creating clothes which are environmentally-friendly and free from leather, fur, skins, and feather…
Stella McCartney has been trying to avoid ordering new fabrics as she creates her Spring/Summer 2021 collection.
The British fashion designer is known for creating clothes which are environmentally-friendly and free from leather, fur, skins, and feathers, and is always looking to make her brand even more sustainable.
In an interview with U.S. Harper’s Bazaar magazine, she revealed she is trying to go one step further in her mission for sustainability by trying to reuse old fabrics for her next collection.
“Even before this (coronavirus) situation happened, I was thinking about my Spring 2021 collection and how to not order any new fabrics. What have we got left over that we can repurpose?” she shared, before adding that she hopes the Covid-19 pandemic has forced people to take stock of their habits as consumers and buy less.
“My mind is always trying to rethink and disrupt the norm, so I hope one transformation we see is that people come back and they consider timelines, they respect that things can take a little longer if you want to do things better—that you can think in advance, that it will have a better impact, and remove this sort of disposable throwaway mentality,” she continued.
The 48-year-old explained that the health crisis, which has forced people to shelter in their homes for months, has shown the negative impact human activity has on the environment and she hopes it serves as a wake-up call to consumers.
“I hope that being forced to stop will allow us to be kinder and more mindful so that nature can reclaim its rightful place at the centre of our lives,” she said. “And I truly hope that these findings will cause a shift in consumer behaviour. I’ll be happy with even a slight shift because I know that this isn’t going to happen overnight.”
McCartney has not yet announced plans to present her S/S 21 collection.
© Cover Media
Christopher Nolan’s upcoming blockbuster Tenet has been postponed once again. While many studios officials reshuffled their release calendars in response to cinemas closing due to the coronavirus crisis, Warner Bros. executives and Nolan refused to bu…
Christopher Nolan’s upcoming blockbuster Tenet has been postponed once again.
While many studios officials reshuffled their release calendars in response to cinemas closing due to the coronavirus crisis, Warner Bros. executives and Nolan refused to budge from Tenet’s 17 July release date for months. However, earlier in June, they announced they were finally postponing it by two weeks to 31 July, and on Thursday, they revealed they were pushing it back by almost two more weeks to 12 August.
“Warner Bros. is committed to bringing Tenet to audiences in theaters, on the big screen, when exhibitors are ready and public health officials say it’s time,” a Warner Bros. spokesperson said in a statement. “In this moment what we need to be is flexible, and we are not treating this as a traditional movie release. We are choosing to open the movie mid-week to allow audiences to discover the film in their own time, and we plan to play longer, over an extended play period far beyond the norm, to develop a very different yet successful release strategy.”
Earlier in June, Warner Bros. announced that Nolan’s movie Inception would be re-released in cinemas on 17 July – Tenet’s original date – to celebrate its 10th anniversary, but this has been postponed until 31 July.
Cinemas have reopened in some U.S. states and there are plans for more around the world to follow suit in early July. However, movie theatres in New York and Los Angeles – America’s biggest markets – will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Currently, Disney’s Mulan is scheduled to be the first studio blockbuster to be released in cinemas following their closure, but it is widely believed that this will be pushed back from its 24 July date too.
Russell Crowe’s independent thriller Unhinged is set for release in the U.S. on 10 July and in the U.K. on 17 July, while romantic comedy The Broken Hearts Gallery is scheduled to open in America on 17 July.
© Cover Media
Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop at Sea cruise is the latest venture to be cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic.It was announced in January that the Hollywood star’s lifestyle brand Goop had partnered with Celebrity Cruises and was taking to the open water…
Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop at Sea cruise is the latest venture to be cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
It was announced in January that the Hollywood star’s lifestyle brand Goop had partnered with Celebrity Cruises and was taking to the open waters, with guests able to enjoy various classes and activities during the luxury boat ride.
The maiden voyage was scheduled to set sail from Barcelona on 26 August, taking in destinations in France, the Mediterranean and the Italian Riviera, before returning on 6 September. Gwyneth was also due to be on board.
However, owing to the coronavirus pandemic, plans are now on hold.
“Given ongoing global public health circumstances, Celebrity Cruises has decided to extend the suspension of most sailings through Sept. 15, 2020,” the company said in a statement. “We are working with our guests and travel partners to address this disruption to their vacations and are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience.
“In light of ongoing global health concerns and travel restrictions, we have decided to reschedule the Goop at Sea sailing experience. We are working on new dates next year for the event and look forward to welcoming everyone aboard in 2021.”
Numerous cruise ships were at the centre of the Covid-19 crisis earlier this year, prompting a global freeze on the lucrative cruising industry. Many companies recently announced they would be extending the suspension until mid-September.
Goop are offering all booked guests a 125 per cent future cruise credit valid until the end of 2021, or a full refund.
Fans of the wellness brand, known for its quirky and often derided health notions, were charged $750 (£603) for the Goop element of the vacation, as well as the price of the cruise itself. Tickets were only made available to those who had booked suites.
© Cover Media