Dwayne Johnson has shared his best workout tips for fans wanting to get back into training as soon as gyms begin to reopen.The Jumanji: The Next Level star, who has been exercising daily in his state-of-the-art gym at his sprawling home during the Covi…
Dwayne Johnson has shared his best workout tips for fans wanting to get back into training as soon as gyms begin to reopen.
The Jumanji: The Next Level star, who has been exercising daily in his state-of-the-art gym at his sprawling home during the Covid-19 lockdown, recently took to Instagram to give his followers some valuable advice.
Johnson began the video with words of encouragement, before insisting people need to have a clear workout plan in mind before they start exercise sessions once again.
“I do have a little bit of advice for you guys. I want to start off with: Have a plan. Make a decision. Have real clarity and be decisive,” he stated. “Then make your move, get out there and go, go train. Take that first step, that first step comes with that first rep. In order to complete that first rep, you gotta get out, you gotta make a decision and you gotta get to the gym.”
Johnson then told his 186 million followers to “be smart” and make sure they’re staying safe by washing their hands and wiping down machines as much as possible in order to prevent the spread of the contagious virus.
“The other critical part to this advice is you wanna be smart. Be smart about when you get back into the gym. That’s why I said have a plan. You know your gym’s layout and also you know your gym,” the 48-year-old said. “So, if your gym was a s**thole before the pandemic, you wanna make sure that you go back cautiously… if your gym was a gym I love to train in, those sweathog gyms, you want to be cautious… We gotta make sure you guys are protected when you get back to the gym.”
© Cover Media
Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt’s upcoming romantic comedy Ball and Chain is heading to Netflix.It was announced earlier this month that the duo will be reuniting once again, after working together for the first time in Disney’s action-adventure Jungle …
Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt’s upcoming romantic comedy Ball and Chain is heading to Netflix.
It was announced earlier this month that the duo will be reuniting once again, after working together for the first time in Disney’s action-adventure Jungle Cruise.
And on Thursday, bosses at the streaming giant confirmed they had won a bidding war to acquire the superhero flick.
The movie will be based on Scott Lobdell’s four-part comic book series, first published in 1999, which follows unhappily married couple Edgar and Mallory Bulson as they become equipped with superpowers that only work when they’re together.
Johnson and Blunt will play the warring husband and wife, with The Big Sick co-writer Emily V. Gordon adapting Lobdell’s comic book for the big screen.
In a statement, the former wrestler said he was excited to not only be reuniting with Blunt, but working with Gordon for the first time.
“Netflix is the perfect partner to deliver this epic superhero/romantic comedy experience alongside us, and we’re excited to be back in business with the Netflix team,” he shared. “I’m also excited to not only reunite with dear friend Emily Blunt in front of the camera, but to also collaborate as producing partners as we bring Emily V. Gordon’s script to life.”
He also took to social media to share his excitement over the project, alongside a screenshot of the news.
“In #BallAndChain, Emily Blunt and I will play a married couple on the verge of divorce, who become blessed with superpowers that only work when we’re together,” Johnson wrote. “Written by Oscar nominee @emilyvgordon, who’s also a licensed couples therapist @netflix.”
© Cover Media
Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson failed to complete production on their new film Red Notice ahead of the coronavirus shutdown because they were too busy goofing around on set.The stars were close to wrapping the Netflix film, which also features Gal Ga…
Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson failed to complete production on their new film Red Notice ahead of the coronavirus shutdown because they were too busy goofing around on set.
The stars were close to wrapping the Netflix film, which also features Gal Gadot, when they were forced to shut down in March.
But during a recent appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, the Deadpool actor admitted the shoot would have been over if he and Johnson hadn’t repeatedly ruined takes by cracking up laughing.
“I’m guessing we might’ve finished the movie if we didn’t spend 90 per cent of the time d**king around, laughing,” he said. “I’ve known Dwayne for, like, 15 years, so we tend to spend time trying to make each other laugh, which is a really irresponsible thing to do with Netflix, their money.”
Reynolds also shared his method for making Johnson crack up on set, revealing he likes to say Johnson’s lines back to him “twenty-seven per cent faster with a swear word at the end”.
And the star insisted the prank got his pal every time and Johnson would have to walk off set in a fit of laughter.
“He’s gone,” Reynolds shared of the former wrestler. “He leaves the room and he never comes back.”
The 43-year-old gave similar insights into their time on set in a birthday dedication to Johnson on Monday.
“Today is @therock’s birthday,” he captioned a shot from filming. “There’ll be a lot of well wishes for him. He deserves it. This year, we fulfilled a lifelong dream: shooting exactly half a film called RED NOTICE before being promptly shut down. Had we not spent 90 per cent of our time laughing, we might have finished it in time. Happy Birthday, Bubba.”
© Cover Media
Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt are to reunite for new superhero movie Ball and Chain.The duo are reportedly attached to a new blockbuster which will see them team up once more after starring opposite each other for the first time in Disney’s action adv…
Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt are to reunite for new superhero movie Ball and Chain.
The duo are reportedly attached to a new blockbuster which will see them team up once more after starring opposite each other for the first time in Disney’s action adventure Jungle Cruise.
In the big-screen adaptation of Scott Lobdell’s four-part comic book series, which was published in 1999, Johnson and Blunt will play Edgar and Mallory Bulson, a couple who have decided to divorce.
However, they have to learn to put their differences aside after a mysterious meteor strike gives them extraterrestrial superpowers, which only work when they get along with one another.
The Big Sick co-writer Emily V. Gordon is penning the script, with Johnson and Blunt producing alongside Kevin Misher, who previously worked with the Hobbs & Shaw star on last year’s Fighting with My Family.
According to Deadline, several studios are interested but Netflix is the current frontrunner to purchase the superhero blockbuster for their streaming service.
Johnson and Blunt’s action adventure Jungle Cruise was due to be released on 24 July, but has now been postponed until next summer due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The British actress was also due to be seen in her husband John Krasinski’s horror sequel A Quiet Place Part II in March, but its release has been pushed back to September, while the former wrestler’s Netflix movie Red Notice was forced to shut down production after lockdown measures were introduced to stop the spread of the virus.
© Cover Media
Ryan Reynolds is reuniting with his Free Guy director Shawn Levy for a new time-travel adventure movie. The Deadpool actor recently filmed the action-comedy, in which he plays a bank teller who discovers he’s actually a non-player character (NPC) insi…
Ryan Reynolds is reuniting with his Free Guy director Shawn Levy for a new time-travel adventure movie.
The Deadpool actor recently filmed the action-comedy, in which he plays a bank teller who discovers he’s actually a non-player character (NPC) inside an open-world video game, though the film won’t be released until December due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Yet, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the collaborators have already found their next joint project and will team up once again for the untitled feature, with executives at Skydance hoping to shoot later this year.
Reynolds will star in the film as a man who must travel back in time to get help from his 13-year-old self, and together they encounter their late father.
Levy will direct, while they will both serve as producers. Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Don Granger are also set to produce along with George Dewey for Reynolds’s Maximum Effort banner.
Jonathan Tropper, who worked with Levy on 2014 ensemble comedy-drama This Is Where I Leave You, is writing the script as a new version of T.S. Nowlin’s Our Name is Adam, a project which has been in development at Skydance since 2012.
Reynolds will have a packed schedule once movies go back into production. He will need to complete filming on Red Notice, an action flick with Gal Gadot and Dwayne Johnson, as the set shut down due to the pandemic. He is also set to star in Clue, a murder mystery inspired by the classic board game, and an adaptation of video game Dragon’s Liar. The 43-year-old has already completed work on animated sequel The Croods 2 and action-comedy The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard.
© Cover Media
Dwayne Johnson refuses to post his workout sessions on social media during the coronavirus lockdown because he doesn’t want to upset anyone.The 47-year-old star is famous for his ripped physique and his love for intense sessions in the gym, and before …
Dwayne Johnson refuses to post his workout sessions on social media during the coronavirus lockdown because he doesn’t want to upset anyone.
The 47-year-old star is famous for his ripped physique and his love for intense sessions in the gym, and before the Covid-19 pandemic began, he regularly shared shots and clips from his workouts on Instagram.
However, now that millions of people around the world are stuck at home and unable to go to their local gyms, which shut in an effort to control the spread of the virus, the Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle star is aware that he’s very lucky to have his own state-of-the-art gym at his sprawling home.
“I don’t post my workouts, because I’m sensitive to millions of you around the world who aren’t able to train in your local gyms and you’re stuck at home,” Dwayne explained in the caption to a video on Instagram. “I’d feel like an a**hole and it ain’t my style. Just know I’m working extremely hard and I want all of you to get back to working out ASAP too.”
In the video, he told his fans and followers that he hoped gyms would reopen in the U.S. in six weeks, and told men and women to “take inventory” of their goals so they can re-focus when the lockdown is lifted.
“I would take mental inventory of everything you have going on in your training, and where you want to see improvement, where your challenges are, and also, embrace the wins,” he shared.
The former WWE wrestler told those who want a full-body workout to burn fat that they should be concentrating on cardio and weights.
“My favourite lifts are all of ’em – full body – and always focusing on my lower body – my foundation – quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves. Don’t skip leg day, men,” he quipped.
© Cover Media
Dwayne Johnson has confessed he always wanted to play the role of Jack Reacher in a movie.In a recent Q&A video on Instagram, the wrestler-turned-actor was asked by a fan: “Was there a movie role I really wanted, but lost to another actor?”Despite his …
Dwayne Johnson has confessed he always wanted to play the role of Jack Reacher in a movie.
In a recent Q&A video on Instagram, the wrestler-turned-actor was asked by a fan: “Was there a movie role I really wanted, but lost to another actor?”
Despite his usual success with casting, Johnson revealed that Reacher was the one part that got away.
“Fortunately, for me, there aren’t a lot of guys at all who look like me. So, all of my roles, from the beginning of my career, I’ve been a lucky son of a b**ch that they’ve been created and designed for me – except Jack Reacher,” he explained.
Johnson aspired to play Reacher, the hero in 2012’s Jack Reacher and its 2016 sequel, as he and the character shared a similar physique. Tom Cruise ended up landing the part.
“I didn’t even know if I had a shot for it, but the people around me at that time made me think that I did. I felt like I did, I felt like, ‘Why not me?'” the 47-year-old commented.
In his usual philosophical fashion, Johnson insisted there was a silver lining to not being offered the role, as he instead took up the part of the “one and only bad a**, s**t talkin’, gravity and reality-defying, always winkin’ and having fun OUTLAW LAWMAN KNOWN AS LUKE HOBBS” in the Fast and the Furious franchise.
And later in the video, Johnson also dropped some details on the upcoming Hobbs & Shaw sequel movie, teasing the possibility of brand-new characters: “We have a few more surprises and great characters to create. Not characters that Hobbs can just kick the s**t out of, because that’s boring, but characters I think that you guys are gonna fall in love with. Villains, anti-heroes, and heroes all across the board.”
© Cover Media
Dwayne Johnson is confident July 2021 is the perfect time to release Jungle Cruise.Executives at Disney announced last week that the upcoming action-adventure flick would be unveiled on 30 July 2021 in the U.S. – a full year after its intended debut of…
Dwayne Johnson is confident July 2021 is the perfect time to release Jungle Cruise.
Executives at Disney announced last week that the upcoming action-adventure flick would be unveiled on 30 July 2021 in the U.S. – a full year after its intended debut of 24 July 2020 – amongst a host of other titles postponed by the coronavirus crisis.
Social distancing measures have forced cinemas to temporarily shut down, and studios are holding back new films until audiences may safely gather to view them.
In light of the news, Johnson, who stars in the film alongside Emily Blunt, elaborated on the delay to his Instagram followers and commented: “I feel great and bullish about this date as it gives us time for Disney to be fully operational in all their businesses – theme parks, hotels, cruise ships, but more importantly, it gives the world time to bounce back to living confidently.”
The star’s comment indicates Disney bosses see the appeal of Jungle Cruise reaching beyond theatres, hinting the studio will heavily cross-promote Jungle Cruise throughout its empire. This would be a natural move given the movie takes its premise from an already established theme park ride.
And speaking in a video uploaded to Instagram, Johnson remained focused on the global pandemic and the health and safety of all Disney employees and said it was important all concerned had “emotional confidence” in returning to work.
“Emotional confidence allows us to get our kids back to school feeling good about that, allows us to get back to work feeling good about that, allows our Disney employees our Disney team members to get back to work, too, and spread that joy and happiness as they love doing and are so proud to do,” the 47-year-old added.
© Cover Media
Zac Efron has insisted he will “never go back” to the shape he was in for the Baywatch movie.The 32-year-old chronicled his intense diet and fitness regime on social media in 2016, which helped him to perfect his shredded figure for the 2017 action com…
Zac Efron has insisted he will “never go back” to the shape he was in for the Baywatch movie.
The 32-year-old chronicled his intense diet and fitness regime on social media in 2016, which helped him to perfect his shredded figure for the 2017 action comedy, also starring Dwayne Johnson and Priyanka Chopra.
But during a recent episode of Sean Evans’s YouTube show Hot Ones, in which guests eat spicy chicken wings while answering quick-fire questions, Zac revealed his true feelings about getting into incredible shape with celebrity trainer Patrick Murphy.
Zac eradicated carbs and sugar from his diet and upped his protein intake, and with the help of Patrick, he managed to reach a five per cent body fat level in just 12 weeks.
And while training for the movie was a “really important time”, he said it made him realise that he’s had enough of trying to get the perfect six-pack.
“I never want to be in that good of shape again. It was so hard,” Zac confessed, noting that at the time, he began to worry about topics such as water retention. “You begin to worry about water under your skin, which makes your six-pack into a four-pack… s**t like that. It’s just stupid, it’s not real. I’m happy (the training) worked, I may do it again if it was something worthwhile… but, I don’t need it. I’m good.
“Take care of your heart, take care of your brain… all good.”
Elsewhere in the interview, the High School Musical star discussed his YouTube workout and interview show Gym Time, in which he trains with a variety of famous faces.
“When I get to meet, or hang out with, anyone who’s an inspiration to me, through whatever their art or craft is, that’s really fun. And if they wanna train with me… unreal,” Zac gushed of his guests.
© Cover Media
Dwayne Johnson has confirmed a Hobbs & Shaw sequel is in the early stages of development.The wrestler-turned-actor delivered the news during a recent Instagram Live Q&A hosted by editors at Screenrant, writing: “We are developing now the next film, the…
Dwayne Johnson has confirmed a Hobbs & Shaw sequel is in the early stages of development.
The wrestler-turned-actor delivered the news during a recent Instagram Live Q&A hosted by editors at Screenrant, writing: “We are developing now the next film, the next (Hobbs & Shaw) movie, and I’m pretty excited about it.”
Although Johnson may be working on the movie already, moving the prospective film into production could present challenges, with the coronavirus crisis bringing the majority of Hollywood productions to a standstill.
Current predictions suggest projects in development now may only see release in 2022.
A spin-off from the popular Fast & Furious franchise, the first Hobbs & Shaw film was unveiled in 2019 and starred Johnson as Luke Hobbs and Jason Statham in the part of Deckard Shaw. The pair portrayed reluctant special agents who team up to defeat a bioterrorist from unleashing a deadly virus on the world.
The film, also known as Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, grossed $760 million (£616 million) at the worldwide box office, and its storyline left a clear opening for a sequel.
While it is not yet known if original director David Leitch is interested in helming a second movie, a Hobbs & Shaw follow-up would have a robust cast ready to pick up the plotline.
In addition to Johnson and Statham, the flick feature performances from Vanessa Kirby and Eiza Gonzalez, as well as cameos from Cliff Curtis, Kevin Hart, Helen Mirren, and Ryan Reynolds.
For now, the final narrative and casting of the sequel are still to be determined, with Johnson adding: “Just gotta figure out the creative right now, and the direction we’re going to go.”
© Cover Media