Jeffrey Dean Morgan injured in Rampage fight scene with Dwayne Johnson

Actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan was left in pain after his Rampage co-star Dwayne Johnson pounced on him during filming. The Walking Dead star plays a government agent who feuds with Johnson in the movie and he reveals he ruined one particular scene because…

Actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan was left in pain after his Rampage co-star Dwayne Johnson pounced on him during filming.

The Walking Dead star plays a government agent who feuds with Johnson in the movie and he reveals he ruined one particular scene because he let out an unbelievably high-pitched sound after Johnson toppled him.

“(Dwayne’s) got a lot of energy so you got to bring it, but kind of going nose-to-nose with him makes you realise, ‘I’m a small human being’,” he told U.S. breakfast show Good Morning America on Monday (09Apr18). “I’m as tall as he is, about, but my God, he’s built like a huge freezer and he feels like it.”

“We did a stunt at one point in the movie (and) if you see it you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about; he landed on top of me and I was supposed to be unconscious and it made a sound come out of my body that I didn’t know I could possibly make,” he jokingly added. “Like real high, the wind (came out of me) and the ribs cracking and then he started giggling. I’m like, ‘(Great), we’re going to have to do it again’.”

Morgan has previously raved about working with Johnson, who plays a primatologist trying to save his beloved silverback gorilla, George, and other mutated animals from destroying cities across the U.S.

“Because he is able to make fun of himself a little bit, I think that it makes us love him,” he said. “I mean, he’s obviously huge and a big muscly dude, but I think… it helps so much if the action star can be relatable.

“It’s kind of who he is in real life,” he continued. “No one does what he does… in this world of action, which has kind of propelled him to the top of this world.”

Rampage, based on the 1980s arcade game, and also starring Naomie Harris and Joe Manganiello, is slated for release on 13 April.

© Cover Media

Naomie Harris dazzles in gold gown at Rampage premiere

Naomie Harris stole the spotlight in a glittering gown at the Rampage premiere on Wednesday night (04Apr18).The British actress led a parade of celebrities at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles for the debut of the new sci-fi movie, which is loosely …

Naomie Harris stole the spotlight in a glittering gown at the Rampage premiere on Wednesday night (04Apr18).

The British actress led a parade of celebrities at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles for the debut of the new sci-fi movie, which is loosely based on the video game series of the same name and follows a primatologist who must team-up with George, a giant albino gorilla, in order to stop an invasion of monsters.

While Naomie plays genetic engineer Dr. Kate Caldwell in the flick, she ditched the lab coat for the screening and instead sported an eye-catching glittering gold number with a scooped neckline which she paired with gold high heel sandals and a matching clutch. The 41-year-old topped off the ensemble with an emerald green-coloured ring and earrings.

Naomie’s co-star Malin Akerman, who plays the woman responsible for the infection and mutation of George, also got dressed up for the night and turned heads in a black dress with tiered skirt and dramatic ruffle on the right shoulder. The Swedish star complemented her look with strappy black high heels and carried a boxy silver purse.

Lead actor Dwayne Johnson looked handsome in a grey suit, white shirt and brown shoes, choosing to accessorise his outfit with a pair of cool sunglasses, while Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who plays a government agent in the movie, donned a navy suit and patterned black shirt.

The actor was joined at the screening by his actress wife Hilarie Burton, who gave birth to their second child in February, and looked gorgeous at the event in a pale pink silk dress with ruffle detail on the skirt.

Joe Manganiello, who portrays private military group leader Burke in Rampage, wore a grey suit and black suit, while his wife Sofia Vergara made a splash in a fitted dress featuring black and white print.

Other celebrities to turn out for the screening included Danny Trejo, Luis Guzman and Dwayne’s San Andreas co-star Alexandra Daddario.

© Cover Media

Dwayne Johnson unsure of Furious future thanks to Vin Diesel feud

Dwayne Johnson is considering parking the Fast and Furious franchise for good after his feud with Vin Diesel.The action men engaged in a heated battle while filming fast-paced 2017 film The Fate of the Furious, with the former wrestling star publicly r…

Dwayne Johnson is considering parking the Fast and Furious franchise for good after his feud with Vin Diesel.

The action men engaged in a heated battle while filming fast-paced 2017 film The Fate of the Furious, with the former wrestling star publicly referring to co-star Diesel as a “chicken s**t” and “candy a**” person, creating a months-long fall-out, which involved castmates such as Tyrese Gibson.

Dwayne is currently working on a Fast and Furious spin-off, featuring his character Luke Hobbs, and Jason Statham’s former villain Deckard Shaw, but after this project wraps filming, he admits it’s not certain if he’ll return to the franchise for Furious 9, even though the star insists he and Diesel have ended their quarrel.

“Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer,” Dwayne shares with Rolling Stone magazine. “And what I came to realise is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach moviemaking and collaborating.

“It took me some time, but I’m grateful for that clarity. Whether we work together again or not.”

Emphasising that he isn’t “quite sure” if he’ll return for Furious 9, Dwayne adds, “Right now I’m concentrating on making the spin-off as good as it can be.”

Ultimately, he wishes Diesel the best of luck and insists he is now past all the drama from their feud.

“I harbor no ill will there, just because of the clarity we have,” Johnson shares. “Actually, you can erase that last part about ‘no ill will’. We’ll just keep it with the clarity.”

Dwayne isn’t the only Fast and Furious castmate to have threatened to leave the franchise – Gibson and actress Michelle Rodriguez have also hinted at departing from the series over casting and script issues.

© Cover Media

John Cena would ‘love’ to join Dwayne Johnson in Fast and Furious franchise

John Cena has offered up his services to join former wrestling rival Dwayne Johnson in the next Fast and Furious movie, insisting it would be his “dream” project. The two muscle-bound stars, who used to battle it out in the WWE ring, have each found s…

John Cena has offered up his services to join former wrestling rival Dwayne Johnson in the next Fast and Furious movie, insisting it would be his “dream” project.

The two muscle-bound stars, who used to battle it out in the WWE ring, have each found success in Hollywood, and John would jump at the chance to share the big screen with Dwayne, aka The Rock.

“That stuff is beyond my control, but I would absolutely love that opportunity,” he tells Entertainment Weekly. “That, for me, would be a dream.

“I’m never really like, ‘Oh, I’d like to work with this person,’ but I just think between our chemistry in the live performance setting, there’s something certainly there with The Rock. So that would be my one name on the wish list.”

Dwayne has been keeping busy with action blockbuster after action blockbuster, and is currently working on his own Fast and Furious spin-off, based on his character, U.S. Diplomatic Security Agent Luke Hobbs, and Jason Statham’s former villain Deckard Shaw.

Meanwhile, John has been lining up a variety of his own films of late, joining Robert Downey, Jr.’s star-studded Doctor Dolittle revamp, and the forthcoming Transformers spin-off Bumblebee, and he’s proud of the fact that every role is one he’s earned, because he always auditions.

“I audition for everything,” he explained on breakfast show Today. “I like to earn it, and a lot of times I fail. I get the rejection sign a lot. I don’t wanna say (what he’s been rejected from). I was rejected from things I shouldn’t have gotten… I like to go for it and try for it, and a lot of times… it makes you work harder. Failure is good, so it’s just one of those things that’s just part of life.”

© Cover Media

Deadpool 2 director David Leitch eyed for Fast and Furious spin-off

Deadpool 2 director David Leitch has raced into pole position to direct the upcoming Fast and Furious spin-off movie.The popular action franchise has so far spawned 10 films, including short film Los Bandoleros and 2006’s Tokyo Drift, which didn’t star…

Deadpool 2 director David Leitch has raced into pole position to direct the upcoming Fast and Furious spin-off movie.

The popular action franchise has so far spawned 10 films, including short film Los Bandoleros and 2006’s Tokyo Drift, which didn’t star any of the original cast in leading roles.

Dwayne Johnson’s character Hobbs is being given his own movies within the Fast world, with insiders claiming stuntman-turned-filmmaker Leitch is set to direct the first feature.

Sources have told Deadline that John Wick co-director Leitch is the frontrunner, with regular Fast writer Chris Morgan providing the script.

On IMDB, the film is billed as Hobbs and Shaw, which also references Jason Statham’s character Deckard Shaw, and is slated for release in July 2019.

The film itself has caused tensions between some of the Fast cast, especially Tyrese Gibson who has publicly fallen out with Johnson over the spin-off, blaming his decision to star in a solo movie for pushing back plans for Fast 9.

“If you move forward with that #Hobbs Movie you will have purposely ignored the heart to heart moment we had in my sprinter – I don’t wanna hear from you until you remember what we talked about – I’m on your timeline cause you’re not responding to my text messages – #FastFamily is just that a family… We don’t fly solo (sic),” Gibson blasted in September (17).

“I’m simply trying to reach him cause he won’t call me back about this solo #HobbsMovie I want you to shoot it just not right now cause the #Fast9 release date has already been announced and we can’t let our loyal fans #FastFamily or our loyal fast and furious FANS down on any level from pushing the date (sic).”

© Cover Media

Jumanji screenwriters recruited for sequel

Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Karen Gillan are to reteam for a Jumanji sequel. Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner, who put the finishing touches to the screenplay for the blockbuster, which is still America’s number one movie a month after …

Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Karen Gillan are to reteam for a Jumanji sequel.

Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner, who put the finishing touches to the screenplay for the blockbuster, which is still America’s number one movie a month after its release, have been given the task of creating the follow-up to Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle.

The film, which is close to becoming action man Johnson’s highest grossing movie to date, is now Sony’s biggest earning non-Spider-Man project, hauling in a massive $857 million (GBP614 million) globally on an estimated $100 million (GBP71.7 million) budget.

Matt Tolmach will return as producer, alongside Johnson and his ex-wife and manager Dany Garcia.

Johnson continues to pile up projects after debuting the trailer for his new summer blockbuster Skyscraper, in which he portrays an amputee security expert, during the Super Bowl telecast on Sunday (04Feb18). After the big game, he also announced plans for a new reality TV contest, called The Titan Games.

Inspired by his favourite show, American Ninja Warrior, The Titan Games will feature competitors from across America. They will step inside an arena to face one of six Titans. If a contender wins, they will take their place and battle with their fellow Titans in the finale.

“We wanted to create a new kind of athletic competition unlike anything ever attempted before,” the former wrestler explained. “The Titan Games will challenge competitors to succeed in ways no one thought possible while entertaining the whole world at the same time.”

© Cover Media

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle returns to the top of the North American box office

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is edging towards becoming Dwayne Johnson’s highest grossing film after topping the North American box office over Super Bowl weekend (03-04Feb18). The sequel, in which Johnson stars alongside Kevin Hart, and Jack Black,…

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is edging towards becoming Dwayne Johnson’s highest grossing film after topping the North American box office over Super Bowl weekend (03-04Feb18).

The sequel, in which Johnson stars alongside Kevin Hart, and Jack Black, has hauled in another $11.1 million (£7.9 million) since Friday to take the number one spot. It’s cumulative earnings at the North American box office now stand at $352.7 million (£249.7 million), which is $300,000 (£212,400) shy of topping Furious 7’s $353 million (£250 million) gross – the action man’s biggest film to date.

The Super Bowl weekend has proven to be slow this year with $92 million (£65.1 million) in earnings, but it still topped 2014’s $86 million (£60.9 million). Hart and Ice Cube’s Ride Along was number one that year with $12 million (£8.5 million).

Maze Runner: Death Cure debuts at number two on the new box office countdown with $10.2 million (£7.2 million), while Helen Mirren’s horror thriller Winchester takes the third spot with $9.25 million (£6.5 million).

The Greatest Showman and Hostiles close out the top five with $7.8 million (£5.5 million) and $5.5 million (£3.9 million), respectively.

Globally, animated film Coco, which took home 11 Annie Awards on Saturday (03Feb18), has passed the $700 million (£495.6 million) milestone. Lee Unkrich and Adrian Molina’s movie about an aspiring singer who visits his family in the afterworld during the Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) festival will be Pixar’s seventh film to reach the milestone and Disney’s sixth in 2017, according to Deadline.com.

The film, which features the voices of Gael Garcia Bernal and Benjamin Bratt, has earned $11.6 million (£8.2 million) overseas this weekend, which brings its international gross to $496.3 million (£351.4 million).

© Cover Media

Florence Pugh: ‘Fighting with My Family was the most exciting job’

Florence Pugh considers her upcoming wrestling film Fighting with My Family her most exciting job so far because she could do some of her own stunts.The British actress, who had a breakout role in 2017’s Lady Macbeth, portrays real-life wrestler Saraya…

Florence Pugh considers her upcoming wrestling film Fighting with My Family her most exciting job so far because she could do some of her own stunts.

The British actress, who had a breakout role in 2017’s Lady Macbeth, portrays real-life wrestler Saraya ‘Paige’ Bevis in the comedy-drama, which is written and directed by Stephen Merchant and executive produced by Dwayne Johnson, who plays himself.

Florence enjoyed making the film immensely because she could really get involved in the wrestling scenes.

“That was probably the most exciting job partly because they actually let me wrestle, which is very rare for films to actually let me do any of the physical stuff, but they did,” she told WENN/Cover Media. “They let me get thrown down and flipped over and it was amazing.”

The film tells the story of the Bevis family, who are all professional wrestlers, trying to work through issues that arise when Saraya gets a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).

She stars alongside Lena Headey, Nick Frost and Jack Lowden, who plays her brother. Florence and Jack undertook wrestling training and signed up to the CrossFit workout program to prepare.

“That side of it was really interesting as well,” she added. “Very intense, but it all paid off when we started wrestling. I felt strong.”

When the 22-year-old learned she would be working with Dwayne, she never thought he could live up to expectations.

“Everyone was like, ‘Oh my God, The Rock, this is so exciting, he’s so amazing, he’s so perfect’ and I remember thinking like, ‘Is he really that perfect? Is he really?'” she recalled. “And then I worked with him and I was like, ‘Yeah, no, he is’. He’s such a wonderful, humble man.”

Fighting with My Family is set to hit cinemas in September (18).

© Cover Media

Emily Blunt joins Jungle Cruise movie

Emily Blunt is reportedly returning to action movies after joining the cast of Dwayne Johnson’s Jungle Cruise. The Brit, who is currently working on the Mary Poppins sequel, has impressed in action films The Adjustment Bureau, Sicario and Edge of Tomo…

Emily Blunt is reportedly returning to action movies after joining the cast of Dwayne Johnson’s Jungle Cruise.

The Brit, who is currently working on the Mary Poppins sequel, has impressed in action films The Adjustment Bureau, Sicario and Edge of Tomorrow, and now she’s up for a big adventure with the Fate of the Furious star, who first signed on to make the movie adaptation of the Disney themepark attraction in 2015.

Dwayne will also executive produce the film, with Spanish filmmaker Jaume Collet-Serra on board to direct.

The movie has been in the works at Disney for over a decade and Toy Story stars Tim Allen and Tom Hanks were previously linked to a planned 2011 project, as a tour guide and a tourist, respectively.

Plot details for Jungle Cruise have yet to be released and it is unclear what role Blunt will play, but reports suggest movie executives want to create more of a period piece, similar to Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn’s classic The African Queen, which was one of the original inspirations for the Jungle Cruise Disney themepark ride.

Production is slated to begin in the spring (18).

If the casting reports are true this will be the third Disney movie for Blunt, who previously starred in 2014’s Into the Woods and will appear in Mary Poppins Returns in December (18).

Jungle Cruise, one of Disneyland’s original rides, takes park-goers into the depths of Africa and South America, floating down a river and encountering wild animals and headhunters along the way – without ever leaving the theme park.

Last year (17), Johnson made a surprise visit to Walt Disney World in Florida to spend time with visitors at the ride.

© Cover Media