Elsa Pataky: ‘I could not imagine my life without exercise’

Elsa Pataky couldn’t imagine her life without exercise because it acts as the “glue” that holds everything together.The 43-year-old actress opened up about her approach to wellbeing and fitness in an interview with InStyle and confessed that her daily …

Elsa Pataky couldn’t imagine her life without exercise because it acts as the “glue” that holds everything together.

The 43-year-old actress opened up about her approach to wellbeing and fitness in an interview with InStyle and confessed that her daily workouts are something she couldn’t ever sacrifice.

“I could not imagine my life without exercise. For me it is the glue that holds everything together: my health, my happiness, my relationship,” she said, adding that she’s been interested in exercise since her teens.

“It was then that I started to learn everything I could about training and nutrition,” she explained. “Since then, I have trained consistently, though there have been times when I was less active – such as when I had my children. So I also know how hard it can be to start exercising again after you’ve had a break.”

The Fast and Furious star shares three children with husband Chris Hemsworth – seven-year-old daughter India and six-year-old twin boys Sasha and Tristan – and she said working out with the Thor hunk keeps their marriage alive.

“The best way to stick to training is to do something you love and, if you can, do it with someone you love. My husband Chris and I are always looking for opportunities to keep active together doing things we enjoy,” she shared. “Having three kids makes it a bit more complicated, but we always find a way. It enriches all of our lives.”

© Cover Media

Vin Diesel fighting for Producers Guild of America credit – report

Vin Diesel has reportedly spent years campaigning for a mark of distinction from the Producers Guild of America (PGA) for his work on the Fast and Furious franchise. On Sunday, the action man, who plays Dominic Toretto in the series, wrote a cryptic I…

Vin Diesel has reportedly spent years campaigning for a mark of distinction from the Producers Guild of America (PGA) for his work on the Fast and Furious franchise.

On Sunday, the action man, who plays Dominic Toretto in the series, wrote a cryptic Instagram post in which he told his followers he was “mitigating a war” between Universal Studios, the home of the franchise, and the PGA, a trade association representing film and TV producers, which he dubbed “the prejudice guild of America”.

However, in a new Variety report, sources have claimed the conflict with the PGA is entirely Diesel’s and nothing to do with Universal. They alleged that Diesel, who has a producer credit on every Fast film since the fourth instalment, has attempted to receive the PGA’s mark of distinction – the “p.g.a.” which appears after a name in the film’s end credits – for his work with the franchise, but his attempts and appeals have routinely been denied.

The PGA mark signifies that a producer has been verified as a significant contributor in the production of a single movie following a rigorous vetting process, which bans oral testimony from the person seeking the mark.

Sources tell Variety that Diesel’s contributions to the films as a producer are unclear. Those familiar with multiple Fast productions alleged that he sometimes arrived hours late on major stunt days, wasting time and money – two of a producer’s biggest concerns.

“It is the policy of the Producers Guild not to comment on individual arbitrations. The purpose of the Producers Mark is to protect the integrity of the ‘Produced By’ credit. A panel of experienced producers reviews anonymous firsthand accounts from filmmakers and key crew in order to determine who performed a major portion of the producing functions on a single film,” a PGA spokesperson told the publication in response to the report. Diesel and Universal did not respond to requests for comment.

The 52-year-old has also produced films such as The Chronicles of Riddick, xXx, and The Last Witch Hunter.

Fast & Furious 9 has been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic and will now be released in April 2021.

© Cover Media

Nathalie Emmanuel binges on vegan sweets

Nathalie Emmanuel loves to indulge in vegan treats whenever she visits her favourite bakery.As the Game of Thrones actress abides by a plant-based and gluten-free diet, snacks can be hard to find.However, in a cover interview for the May 2020 issue of …

Nathalie Emmanuel loves to indulge in vegan treats whenever she visits her favourite bakery.

As the Game of Thrones actress abides by a plant-based and gluten-free diet, snacks can be hard to find.

However, in a cover interview for the May 2020 issue of U.S. Shape magazine, Natalie shared that she has discovered a great little spot in Los Angeles where she can dine to her heart’s content.

“When I find baking that is both vegan and gluten-free, it’s so exciting that I tend to go a bit over the top. In L.A., I go to this place called Erin McKenna’s Bakery and basically eat all the things,” she told the publication, before noting that she mostly tends to eat clean and simple meals. “I want to read the ingredients and know exactly what’s in stuff or be able to pronounce it.”

Food isn’t the only form of self-care the star allows herself. As a self-confessed yoga junkie, Nathalie has rarely gone a day with taking some time out for the gentle meditative practice.

“Wherever I am in the world, I find a yoga studio or I travel with my mat,” the 31-year-old explained, noting that she is a trained yoga instructor.

And for her, yoga is a chance to break away from the demands of acting and the film industry.

“I’m often giving so much energy to the world. It’s important to check in physically, mentally, and emotionally and see what’s going on,” she mused. “My fitness goals at the moment are to do pull-ups and to do pincha mayurasana, which is a forearm stand in yoga. I’m pretty strong at a headstand, but I want to be able to do a handstand and hold it.”

© Cover Media

Nathalie Emmanuel won’t destroy her natural hair for a role

Nathalie Emmanuel refuses to destroy her “curly crown” for the sake of a role. When she first began her career, the Game of Thrones actress used to let the hair teams on film and TV sets do what they wanted with her locks because she didn’t have the c…

Nathalie Emmanuel refuses to destroy her “curly crown” for the sake of a role.

When she first began her career, the Game of Thrones actress used to let the hair teams on film and TV sets do what they wanted with her locks because she didn’t have the confidence to speak up for herself.

However, Nathalie is now less afraid of putting her foot down and saying no.

“I’ve become much less afraid to say things when I feel uncomfortable, whether it’s happening to me or someone else, I’ll just say it straight up now,” she told U.K. Glamour magazine. “I’m not going to destroy my curl crown – my beautiful hair that I was so blessed to be given – because of a role.”

Nathalie decided to speak up regarding the styling of her hair a long time ago after being asked to straighten it on set.

“I was working alongside another mixed-race actress and they said people wouldn’t be able to tell us apart,” the 31-year-old grimaced. “I remember thinking, ‘Really?!’ but I didn’t have the confidence to say no then. I was much younger. Now, I’ve found my voice.”

Elsewhere in the interview, Nathalie shared that she feels “strong and unapologetic” when she has her hair out.

The Fast and Furious star also spoke about how she recently met with skincare specialist Dr. Barbara Sturm and now uses her products to reduce scarring and hyperpigmentation.

“She’s got a line for darker skin tones and it’s been a revelation. I’ve got scarring from hormonal breakouts and her skin range has really helped minimise some of the hyperpigmentation,” she added.

© Cover Media

Dave Bautista has no desire to play villain in Fast and Furious franchise

Dave Bautista has no plans to play a villain in one of the Fast and Furious franchise films.The former WWE star, who portrayed Drax the Destroyer in Marvel Cinematic Universe movies such as Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers: Endgame, was tagged in a…

Dave Bautista has no plans to play a villain in one of the Fast and Furious franchise films.

The former WWE star, who portrayed Drax the Destroyer in Marvel Cinematic Universe movies such as Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers: Endgame, was tagged in a Twitter post on Saturday by a fan who suggested he appear in a spin-off feature alongside Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and John Cena.

However, Bautista was quick to reject the idea and throw shade at the popular series.

“Thank you for your consideration,” he replied, before adding a vomiting emoji and the hashtag “I’d rather do good films”.

One follower then responded to the sportsman-turned-actor’s hashtag, reminding “Big Dave” that he had a role in the critically-panned 2018 movie Escape Plan 2, in which he appeared opposite Sylvester Stallone.

But hitting back, Bautista responded: “Genius! Big Dave didn’t state that he’s never done a bad film. But I did them for particular reasons that helped build an ‘acting’ career. And I got to work with Sly so in your face with that! You’re dismissed!”

Fast & Furious 9, featuring original castmembers like Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, and Jordana Brewster, is currently shooting in London and is set to be released in May 2020.

While spin-off movie Hobbs & Shaw, which sees Johnson and Jason Statham reprise their roles as Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw, respectively, is scheduled to open in cinemas in August.

Bautista, 50, can next be seen onscreen in the action comedy Stuber, alongside Kumail Nanjiani, and is also attached to star in upcoming flicks like The Killer’s Game and Army of the Dead.

© Cover Media

David Leitch hints at Hobbs and Shaw plot details

Director David Leitch has warned Fast and Furious fans that Dwayne Johnson’s spin-off movie will be about more than just cars.The pedal to the metal franchise has become one of cinema’s most successful, with eight mainstream films to date.While som…

Director David Leitch has warned Fast and Furious fans that Dwayne Johnson’s spin-off movie will be about more than just cars.

The pedal to the metal franchise has become one of cinema’s most successful, with eight mainstream films to date.

While some of his co-stars aren’t happy about Dwayne’s character Luke Hobbs getting his own movie with Jason Statham’s alter ego Deckard Shaw, the project is pushing on, and will hit cinemas next year (19).

“We really do want to set off on our own specific journey with these characters,” the Hobbs and Shaw filmmaker said, reports Cinema Blend. “If you look at the worlds that they come from in the franchise, they’re not from the street racing world. The first movies in Fast, it was all about street racing, and then it became sort of a heist franchise, and then it became a spy franchise.

“I think Jason’s character is definitely from the spy world, and Dwayne’s character is more of an agent, right? Working with the government. We’re going to lean more into their worlds. But I think we still want the same sort of level of spectacle and fun that the Fast (movies) have.”

Fast star Tyrese Gibson has previously blamed former wrestler Dwayne for holding up production of the ninth instalment, though the actor now says he is unsure whether Hobbs will even return to the main franchise.

The character joined in 2011 for Fast Five, and Dwayne compares the solo move to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

“At the end of the day, it’s smart business to expand on the franchise and build it out,” he told Rolling Stone. “It’s the Marvel model. The analogy that was given to me, which was very funny, was that it’s like if Robert Downey, Jr. was p***ed about ‘Captain America’ and these other movies. Let it all happen! Let it all grow. It helps out everybody.

“Regardless of a few who don’t want it to happen, for whatever reasons, I know that big picture, long-term, a buildout is the best thing for everybody.”

© Cover Media

Dwayne Johnson unsure of Furious future thanks to Vin Diesel feud

Dwayne Johnson is considering parking the Fast and Furious franchise for good after his feud with Vin Diesel.The action men engaged in a heated battle while filming fast-paced 2017 film The Fate of the Furious, with the former wrestling star publicly r…

Dwayne Johnson is considering parking the Fast and Furious franchise for good after his feud with Vin Diesel.

The action men engaged in a heated battle while filming fast-paced 2017 film The Fate of the Furious, with the former wrestling star publicly referring to co-star Diesel as a “chicken s**t” and “candy a**” person, creating a months-long fall-out, which involved castmates such as Tyrese Gibson.

Dwayne is currently working on a Fast and Furious spin-off, featuring his character Luke Hobbs, and Jason Statham’s former villain Deckard Shaw, but after this project wraps filming, he admits it’s not certain if he’ll return to the franchise for Furious 9, even though the star insists he and Diesel have ended their quarrel.

“Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer,” Dwayne shares with Rolling Stone magazine. “And what I came to realise is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach moviemaking and collaborating.

“It took me some time, but I’m grateful for that clarity. Whether we work together again or not.”

Emphasising that he isn’t “quite sure” if he’ll return for Furious 9, Dwayne adds, “Right now I’m concentrating on making the spin-off as good as it can be.”

Ultimately, he wishes Diesel the best of luck and insists he is now past all the drama from their feud.

“I harbor no ill will there, just because of the clarity we have,” Johnson shares. “Actually, you can erase that last part about ‘no ill will’. We’ll just keep it with the clarity.”

Dwayne isn’t the only Fast and Furious castmate to have threatened to leave the franchise – Gibson and actress Michelle Rodriguez have also hinted at departing from the series over casting and script issues.

© Cover Media

John Cena would ‘love’ to join Dwayne Johnson in Fast and Furious franchise

John Cena has offered up his services to join former wrestling rival Dwayne Johnson in the next Fast and Furious movie, insisting it would be his “dream” project. The two muscle-bound stars, who used to battle it out in the WWE ring, have each found s…

John Cena has offered up his services to join former wrestling rival Dwayne Johnson in the next Fast and Furious movie, insisting it would be his “dream” project.

The two muscle-bound stars, who used to battle it out in the WWE ring, have each found success in Hollywood, and John would jump at the chance to share the big screen with Dwayne, aka The Rock.

“That stuff is beyond my control, but I would absolutely love that opportunity,” he tells Entertainment Weekly. “That, for me, would be a dream.

“I’m never really like, ‘Oh, I’d like to work with this person,’ but I just think between our chemistry in the live performance setting, there’s something certainly there with The Rock. So that would be my one name on the wish list.”

Dwayne has been keeping busy with action blockbuster after action blockbuster, and is currently working on his own Fast and Furious spin-off, based on his character, U.S. Diplomatic Security Agent Luke Hobbs, and Jason Statham’s former villain Deckard Shaw.

Meanwhile, John has been lining up a variety of his own films of late, joining Robert Downey, Jr.’s star-studded Doctor Dolittle revamp, and the forthcoming Transformers spin-off Bumblebee, and he’s proud of the fact that every role is one he’s earned, because he always auditions.

“I audition for everything,” he explained on breakfast show Today. “I like to earn it, and a lot of times I fail. I get the rejection sign a lot. I don’t wanna say (what he’s been rejected from). I was rejected from things I shouldn’t have gotten… I like to go for it and try for it, and a lot of times… it makes you work harder. Failure is good, so it’s just one of those things that’s just part of life.”

© Cover Media

Deadpool 2 director David Leitch eyed for Fast and Furious spin-off

Deadpool 2 director David Leitch has raced into pole position to direct the upcoming Fast and Furious spin-off movie.The popular action franchise has so far spawned 10 films, including short film Los Bandoleros and 2006’s Tokyo Drift, which didn’t star…

Deadpool 2 director David Leitch has raced into pole position to direct the upcoming Fast and Furious spin-off movie.

The popular action franchise has so far spawned 10 films, including short film Los Bandoleros and 2006’s Tokyo Drift, which didn’t star any of the original cast in leading roles.

Dwayne Johnson’s character Hobbs is being given his own movies within the Fast world, with insiders claiming stuntman-turned-filmmaker Leitch is set to direct the first feature.

Sources have told Deadline that John Wick co-director Leitch is the frontrunner, with regular Fast writer Chris Morgan providing the script.

On IMDB, the film is billed as Hobbs and Shaw, which also references Jason Statham’s character Deckard Shaw, and is slated for release in July 2019.

The film itself has caused tensions between some of the Fast cast, especially Tyrese Gibson who has publicly fallen out with Johnson over the spin-off, blaming his decision to star in a solo movie for pushing back plans for Fast 9.

“If you move forward with that #Hobbs Movie you will have purposely ignored the heart to heart moment we had in my sprinter – I don’t wanna hear from you until you remember what we talked about – I’m on your timeline cause you’re not responding to my text messages – #FastFamily is just that a family… We don’t fly solo (sic),” Gibson blasted in September (17).

“I’m simply trying to reach him cause he won’t call me back about this solo #HobbsMovie I want you to shoot it just not right now cause the #Fast9 release date has already been announced and we can’t let our loyal fans #FastFamily or our loyal fast and furious FANS down on any level from pushing the date (sic).”

© Cover Media