Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s Golden Globes tuxedo sells for over $27,000

Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s Golden Globes outfit has been sold for $27,450 (£21,200) to raise funds for the victims of Australia’s bushfires.The Fleabag creator wore the tuxedo, created by the designers at Ralph & Russo, to collect two prizes at the awards…

Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s Golden Globes outfit has been sold for $27,450 (£21,200) to raise funds for the victims of Australia’s bushfires.

The Fleabag creator wore the tuxedo, created by the designers at Ralph & Russo, to collect two prizes at the awards bash in Los Angeles earlier this month.

After the ceremony, the custom-made two-piece, which featured geometric black and gold ribbon applique, Chantilly lace and a silk lapel, was signed by the star and put on the auction site eBay.

On Sunday, the auction closed with just one bid of AU$40,000, the equivalent of $27,450 (£21,200).

In a statement announcing she was auctioning the item, Phoebe said: “I’m very excited that this stunning, one of a kind, couture tuxedo created by Australian geniuses Ralph & Russo will continue its journey by contributing to this urgent cause.

“If money raised by its auction can help raise funds to fight the disaster in Australia, the future impact of this suit will be far greater than the luck it brought me and the Fleabag team at the Golden Globes.”

Originally from Australia, Tamara Ralph and Michael Russo co-founded their couture label in London in 2006. They have since built up a reputation for outfitting celebrities like Beyonce, Blake Lively, and Angelina Jolie.

The bushfires in the country have caused mass destruction, killing at least 25 people, hundreds of millions of animals, and destroying more than 2,000 homes.

A host of stars including Chris Hemsworth, Kylie Minogue, Ellen DeGeneres, and Pink have donated to relief efforts.

Meanwhile, Queen + Adam Lambert, Alice Cooper, k.d. lang, and Olivia Newton-John are headlining a benefit concert for those affected next month.

© Cover Media

Phoebe Waller-Bridge auctioning Golden Globes suit in aid of bushfire relief efforts

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is auctioning off the suit she wore to the 2020 Golden Globe Awards to raise funds for bushfire relief efforts in Australia.The British star, who won Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy and Best Performance by an Actress in …

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is auctioning off the suit she wore to the 2020 Golden Globe Awards to raise funds for bushfire relief efforts in Australia.

The British star, who won Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy and Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy for her TV show Fleabag on Sunday night, sported a black ensemble with silk lapels as well as geometric black and gold ribbon appliques custom-made for her by the team at Ralph & Russo to the bash.

But while speaking to reporters after the prizegiving, Phoebe announced that she will be selling off the suit shortly, with any funds raised to go to the charities helping tackle the blazes across Australia.

“We’ve hatched an amazing plan with Ralph & Russo who are Australian designers who’ve created this incredible couture suit which is the most incredible thing I’ve ever worn,” she said. “We’re going to auction it and the money that is raised from it will go towards relief in Australia. It’s a beautiful idea from the team so I’m really excited to be part of that.”

The 34-year-old did not announce when or where the auction will take place.

Originally from Australia, Tamara Ralph and Michael Russo co-founded their couture label in London in 2006. They have since built up a reputation for outfitting celebrities like Beyonce, Blake Lively, and Angelina Jolie.

Phoebe is one of many stars donating to the relief efforts, with Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, Pink, and Kylie Minogue each pledging $500,000 (£380,000), while Chris Hemsworth announced on Monday that he has donated $1 million (£760,000).

© Cover Media

Kylie Minogue launches beauty collection

Kylie Minogue has launched her own make-up collection.The Australian pop star’s collection, named Kylie, features a lip oil, lip gloss, eye and cheek glitter, lip and cheek stain and three shades of eyeshadow. The products, named after Minogue’s bigges…

Kylie Minogue has launched her own make-up collection.

The Australian pop star’s collection, named Kylie, features a lip oil, lip gloss, eye and cheek glitter, lip and cheek stain and three shades of eyeshadow.

The products, named after Minogue’s biggest pop hits, are priced $20 (£16) and under.

She announced the launch of Kylie on Instagram and Twitter, and posted a picture of herself wearing the products alongside the caption: “YES! Get your #Summer2019 SPARKLE on! ‘Magnetic Electric’ eyeshadow in three colours to hypnotise! Head to MERCH(andise) at Kylie.com to see more or swipe up in stories!”

The Spinning Around hitmaker was involved in a legal battle with reality star Kylie Jenner in 2016, after the billionaire beauty mogul filed papers with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to register her name for “advertising and endorsement services.”

Jenner’s bid to trademark the name “Kylie” prompted lawyers for the 51-year-old to file an opposition, and claimed the trademark could damage the Minogue brand.

While noting that the former Neighbours actress was an “internationally renowned performing artist, humanitarian and breast cancer activist” and has owned Kylie.com since 1996, her legal team scathingly referred to the Kylie Cosmetics mogul as a “secondary reality television personality.”

The singer won the case in 2017, and a year later, spoke to Rolling Stone about the legal drama, and insisted it wasn’t personal.

“I’ve never met Kylie Jenner. It’s awkward, because fans get so loyal and vocal, and we love that! But it was nothing personal at all, I’m at pains to say,” Minogue explained.

© Cover Media

Jean-Paul Gaultier thrilled to unveil Fashion Freak Show

Jean-Paul Gaultier is thrilled to have finally unveiled his Fashion Freak Show.The French designer, who launched his first collection in 1976, has recently been working on the spectacle, which is described as a cross between a revue and runway presenta…

Jean-Paul Gaultier is thrilled to have finally unveiled his Fashion Freak Show.

The French designer, who launched his first collection in 1976, has recently been working on the spectacle, which is described as a cross between a revue and runway presentation.

Fashion Freak Show officially opened at the iconic Folies Bergere in Paris on Tuesday night (02Oct18), and Gaultier couldn’t be more pleased with the final result.

“It’s more like a cabaret musical, opening in Folies Bergere first for eight months,” he told Hypebeast.com. “It’s about fashion, it’s about beauty. It’s about a bit of my story. I can’t write, so I wrote visually my story with the things important to me and speaking about different things about what happened to me and through the period I went through.”

In addition to harking back to his childhood and early career, Gaultier also pays tribute to in the show to celebrities who have inspired him over the years, including Madonna and Kylie Minogue. However, the 66-year-old is adamant that Fashion Freak Show isn’t just for fashionistas.

“It comes from 1950 something, from my birth, until now. It’s a story but the story is not told by one person’s narrative but it’s different people. One or two that will sing, choreography, speaking also, video, all mixed in a fashion show of course. Because it’s fashion,” the designer explained.

Gaultier may have a number of projects on his plate at the moment, but he continues to remain committed to creating his couture and fragrance lines. And though he takes changes in the industry in his stride, he did comment that he thinks some brands are too expensive.

“The only thing I should say is there a lot of talented designers, a lot of clothes, but maybe not enough people to wear it and to afford it,” he added.

© Cover Media