Jill Kortleve becomes first plus-size model to walk in Chanel show in a decade

Jill Kortleve has become the first plus-size model to walk in a Chanel show in nearly a decade.The rising Dutch fashion star is quickly becoming one to watch in the industry, having appeared in recent catwalk spectacles for the likes of Alexander McQue…

Jill Kortleve has become the first plus-size model to walk in a Chanel show in nearly a decade.

The rising Dutch fashion star is quickly becoming one to watch in the industry, having appeared in recent catwalk spectacles for the likes of Alexander McQueen, Mugler, Fendi, and Molly Goddard.

But Jill topped off a successful Fashion Month on Tuesday by taking to the runway during creative director Virginie Viard’s fall/winter 2020 presentation for the French luxury house held at the Grand Palais as part of Paris Fashion Week.

“I can’t believe this just happened but… to end this fashion month, I walked my first fashion show for @chanelofficial,” she captioned a photo of her wearing a black outfit with pearl buttons on her Instagram page. “I’m so thankful for this moment to happen and for everybody who made this happen; There’s a much-needed change happening on the runway and I’m proud and feel grateful to be a part of it. I truly hope that in the future I get to see and work with many more models who used to not fit the briefing.”

Previously, plus-size model Crystal Renn walked in Chanel’s 2011 cruise collection show held in Saint-Tropez back in 2010.

In addition to Jill, other top models cast in the show included Gigi Hadid, Kaia Gerber, Fran Summers, Mona Tougaard, and Hyunji Shin.

And accordingly, Jill was thrilled to see fashion leaders embrace much more inclusivity and diversity.

“This whole month has been a dream and I never expected that it was even possible for me to walk on the runway, let alone be included in the amazing shows this season. Thank you. My heart is filled with gratitude and love,” the 26-year-old added.

© Cover Media

Kim Kardashian accused of wearing blackface for magazine cover

Kim Kardashian has been accused of wearing blackface for a new photoshoot.The 39-year-old shared images on social media from her appearance in the bi-annual fashion magazine 7HOLLYWOOD, in which she is shown wearing a black wig, diamonds and pearls to …

Kim Kardashian has been accused of wearing blackface for a new photoshoot.

The 39-year-old shared images on social media from her appearance in the bi-annual fashion magazine 7HOLLYWOOD, in which she is shown wearing a black wig, diamonds and pearls to channel the late movie icon Elizabeth Taylor.

The KKW Beauty mogul told her followers that she dressed in exclusive pieces from the Mugler archives, including a racy black sequinned corset dress featuring an intricate design on the chest.

“Wearing Mugler Private Archives for @7hollywood_mag. WHAT A DREAM,” Kim captioned the snaps.

However, the reality star has come under fire from social media users who have accused Kim of darkening her skin for the shoot.

“This is so problematic,” one user commented, while another wrote: “STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOUR SKIN DARK WHITE GIRL.”

Behind-the-scenes footage from the shoot, posted by 7HOLLYWOOD on Instagram, also showed Kim’s skin looking several shades lighter than what was published in the magazine.

“Why is she closer to her natural color in the video, but darker than Beyonce in the photos?” one follower pointed out in the comments on the post.

A representative for Kim has yet to comment on the controversy, but a source close to the star who was on the set of the shoot has insisted to New York Post’s column Page Six that her darker skin tone was because of the lighting.

“There are multiple covers and images from this shoot where the lighting looks more natural,” the source said. “People are so quick to find the negative in everything and also often forget that she is of Armenian descent.”

It’s not the first time that the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star has been accused of wearing blackface.

Back in 2017, Kim was criticised when she released images to accompany her KKW beauty contour and highlight kits, which featured her skin several shades darker than her natural colour.

© Cover Media

Prada inks beauty deal with L’Oreal

Executives at Prada and L’Oreal have signed a long-term beauty deal.On Thursday, representatives for the Italian fashion house and French cosmetics giant announced that they had agreed to pool their expertise for the new venture, which will include the…

Executives at Prada and L’Oreal have signed a long-term beauty deal.

On Thursday, representatives for the Italian fashion house and French cosmetics giant announced that they had agreed to pool their expertise for the new venture, which will include the creation, development, and distribution of luxury beauty products for the Prada brand.

“L’Oreal is the leading global beauty company,” said Prada chief executive officer Patrizio Bertelli. “Its position and experience makes it the ideal partner for Prada to develop its full potential across a variety of new projects, leverage Prada’s well-established fragrance identity and reach even more audiences around the world.”

Prada has long been involved in the fragrance industry, with its La Femme Prada and Candy scents proving to be favourites with consumers.

However, leaders at the label, headed by fashion designer Miuccia Prada, have yet to explore the make-up and cosmetics categories.

In light of the deal, Cyril Chapuy, president of L’Oreal Luxe, noted that he was thrilled to be working with the team at Prada.

“We are very pleased to have signed this licence agreement with Prada. Prada is one of the most respected players in the global luxury industry,” he commented. “A symbol of excellence and avant-garde, the Prada brand’s unique and unconventional philosophy appeals to consumers around the world. This licence will give L’Oreal Luxe the ideal complement to its portfolio of iconic brands.”

The agreement will come into effect on 1 January 2021.

Earlier this year, bosses at L’Oreal also announced plans to expand their fragrance offerings by acquiring the Mugler and Azzaro brands from Clarins Group.

© Cover Media

Kim Kardashian does ‘everything’ to take care of her skin

Kim Kardashian does “everything” to try and keep her skin in tip-top condition.The reality star and beauty mogul told Vogue.com that is a big believer in a good skincare routine and that there’s no kind of facial treatment that she hasn’t tried. “I rea…

Kim Kardashian does “everything” to try and keep her skin in tip-top condition.

The reality star and beauty mogul told Vogue.com that is a big believer in a good skincare routine and that there’s no kind of facial treatment that she hasn’t tried.

“I really do believe in taking good care of your skin. And I mean laser facials, everything, you name it, I love participating in beauty treatments,” Kim shared, before adding that her favourite is an oxygen facial.

The KKW Beauty founder also takes care of her body and makes sure she stays in shape even while travelling.

“I love massages, all different kinds. If I’m really exhausted, if I’m travelling, I do see a chiropractor as well. I think that’s really important to get aligned and massaged. So I definitely take care of my body as well,” Kim explained.

Back in May, the mother-of-four stunned in a wet-look Mugler creation for the 2019 Met Gala and the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star told Vogue that the optical illusion dress was her favourite-ever look.

“I just think it’s so well done and so different for me. I just think it was so well executed, there was so much work into it that I just loved how it turned out,” she gushed.

Elsewhere in the interview, she acknowledged that her style has changed throughout her career, but she’s still a “sucker for a ’90s trend”.

“I really like a winged liner more than I have in the past, I like a lip liner more defined than I have in the past. I don’t know if those specific changes are because I have gotten older or because it’s just on trend,” Kim added.

© Cover Media

Karen Elson loses voice during Paris Fashion Week

Karen Elson has come down with the “Fashion Week flu”. The British model recently posted a video on her Instagram Stories in which she told her followers she had lost her voice and was feeling the effects of her non-stop schedule during Paris Fashion W…

Karen Elson has come down with the “Fashion Week flu”.

The British model recently posted a video on her Instagram Stories in which she told her followers she had lost her voice and was feeling the effects of her non-stop schedule during Paris Fashion Week.

“Good morning, I have totally lost my voice which I think is going to make some people very happy,” she joked, speaking in a croaky whisper. “I have the Fashion Week flu, which is too many late nights, working a lot, travelling and talking, spilling the tea.”

In the caption for the video, in which the 40-year-old appeared to be in her dressing gown, she wrote, “I have been silenced…. still can’t shut me up.”

She then shared a picture showing a bunch of medication packets lying on her bed and added, “It’s that time of year again. Like clockwork every September, it starts out as bad allergies then turns into bronchitis, sinus infection and all the fun things.”

However, Elson didn’t let her illness get in the way of her busy schedule. Hours after her video post, she was seen strutting her stuff on the runway at the Mugler spring/summer 2020 presentation. She closed the show wearing a dress which consisted of a ruched blue top and voluminous red skirt, teamed with sheer purple gloves and purple heels.

“So happy to close the @muglerofficial show. Casey and the gang thank you so much for having me,” the model wrote alongside footage of her walking the runway. She also later praised Mugler creative director Casey Cadwallader for including such a diverse mix of shapes, sizes, races, and ages in the show.

“I loved seeing a beautifully diverse casting of people, challenging fashion norms of what beautiful is. Beauty is many shapes, sizes, genders, colours the spectrum should not be limited at all,” Elson added.

© Cover Media

L’Oreal in talks to buy Mugler and Azzaro fragrance brands

L’Oreal executives are in talks to buy the Mugler and Azzaro brands from Clarins Group.On Tuesday, bosses from the French cosmetics giant announced they had entered into exclusive negotiations with leaders from Clarins with a view to acquiring both com…

L’Oreal executives are in talks to buy the Mugler and Azzaro brands from Clarins Group.

On Tuesday, bosses from the French cosmetics giant announced they had entered into exclusive negotiations with leaders from Clarins with a view to acquiring both companies.

“The perfume category is at the heart of our global strategy for growth at L’Oreal Luxe,” Cyril Chapuy, president of L’Oreal Luxe, said in a statement. “In this context, we would be thrilled to welcome Mugler and Azzaro: these signatures, with a long history in fashion and olfaction, would perfectly complete our portfolio of brands.”

At present, the Clarins Group develops both the Mugler and Azzaro houses globally. The deal remains some time from completion, as the acquisition will be subject to consultation with employee representatives and the approval of the regulatory authorities, though Chapuy noted that it should be completed by the end of the year. L’Oreal did not disclose any financial details.

French fashion designer Thierry Mugler first approached Clarins about making a perfume in the early 1990s, with Angel launching in 1992.

The scent contains a combination of praline and chocolate mixed with a strong accord of patchouli and has since led to the creation of many other versions, while Mugler unveiled his second major fragrance, Alien, in 2005, and his third pillar scent, Aura, in 2017.

While late designer and perfumer Loris Azzaro, who founded his namesake company in 1967, is known for Azzaro pour Homme, which was launched in 1978 and designed to appeal for women.

Azzaro is also known for Chrome, a woody fragrance characterised by an aquatic freshness, and 2016’s Azzaro Wanted, a woody spicy hesperidia scent with captivatingly elegant lingering notes.

© Cover Media

Naomi Campbell appears to throw shade at Kim Kardashian amid ‘feud’ rumours

Naomi Campbell seemingly shaded Kim Kardashian when she was asked about her rumoured feud with the reality star.The supermodel attended the Time 100 Gala at Lincoln Center in New York City on Tuesday (23Apr19), and was asked by Entertainment Tonight re…

Naomi Campbell seemingly shaded Kim Kardashian when she was asked about her rumoured feud with the reality star.

The supermodel attended the Time 100 Gala at Lincoln Center in New York City on Tuesday (23Apr19), and was asked by Entertainment Tonight reporters about how gossip of the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star copying her style started.

“Next question,” the beauty bluntly responded with a smile.

Speculation of a feud between the pair began when fans noticed that 38-year-old Kim had been wearing an array of vintage designer looks from Versace and Mugler that Naomi had worn during her early career.

The legendary supermodel, 48, subsequently started to share throwback snaps of herself donning the same outfits, leading many to suspect that she was indirectly referencing the star’s style.

Kim recently confessed to People that Naomi was in fact the inspiration behind her fashion choices, and insisted that she’d never tried to shy away from the fact.

“It’s funny because people were writing about it like it was some scandalous thing,” she admitted. “I’ve always been so open that she is the ultimate fashion and glam muse. She got the best runway looks.”

Kim went on to reveal that she had approached the model to address the speculation, and insisted that the pair had “laughed” about the rumours.

“(Naomi) and I have talked about it and laughed that it has become such a big deal, because I’ve always been so upfront with her privately about how she is my forever fashion and glam muse,” Kim recalled. “She is literally one of the most beautiful, iconic people that inspires me fashion and beauty-wise.”

© Cover Media

Bruno Sialelli unveils debut Lanvin line at PFW

On Wednesday (27Feb19) morning, Bruno Sialelli ushered in a fresh era at Lanvin at Paris Fashion Week.The designer showed off his debut collection for the troubled brand, after joining Lanvin in January from his post at Loewe. Showing off his artistic …

On Wednesday (27Feb19) morning, Bruno Sialelli ushered in a fresh era at Lanvin at Paris Fashion Week.

The designer showed off his debut collection for the troubled brand, after joining Lanvin in January from his post at Loewe.

Showing off his artistic flair with cute cartoon drawings, pencil portraits and fox motifs, Sialelli brought the wow factor back to the brand – helped by the inclusion of superstar models Gigi Hadid and Kaia Gerber.

Feminine silhouettes worked well alongside chunky knits and sheer fabrics, with a romantic elegance seen across the entire Fall/Winter 19 collection.

Stand out moments in the co-ed show included knitted corset detailing on a butter yellow trouser suit, a peach velvet men’s suit with a daisy drawing printed onto the front, and swishy scarf material seen on oversized shirts, dresses and skirts.

Ninety minutes later, Mugler showed in the City of Lights.

Structured and sexy tailoring, funky leather and sexy high-shine thigh-high booties made their way down the catwalk.

The modest collection was a world away from the headline-grabbing vintage Thierry Mugler garment Kim Kardashian recently squeezed into. Skin was covered in a patchwork prints, including animal, marbled monochrome and psychedelic swirls.

Jackets were nipped in at the waist, with a white blazer featuring slightly too long sleeves, and a black version adding an extra dimension with a ruffled peplum.

Later on Wednesday, Rochas, Lemaire, and Kenzo will take centre stage.

© Cover Media