Kate Moss has sold her iconic vintage leopard print coat to raise money for organisations helping fight the coronavirus.The 46-year-old British supermodel parted ways with her beloved coat at a huge online sale held by luxury resale site Vestiaire Coll…
Kate Moss has sold her iconic vintage leopard print coat to raise money for organisations helping fight the coronavirus.
The 46-year-old British supermodel parted ways with her beloved coat at a huge online sale held by luxury resale site Vestiaire Collective, with one lucky bidder nabbing the piece on 31 March for $276 (£224).
All proceeds from the auction will go directly to nonprofit organisations working to help those affected by the Covid-19 virus, including the World Health Organization, the Paris Hospitals Foundation, Madrid’s La Paz Hospital, and fundraising efforts in Italy’s Lombardy region.
Actresses Rachel Weisz and Thandie Newton also donated to the auction, alongside Vogue Japan editor-at-large Anna Dello Russo, Givenchy designer Clare Waight Keller, and former Vogue Paris editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld.
Vestiaire Collective co-founder and president, Fanny Moizant, was delighted to have received overwhelming support for her online auction, and was stunned when Kate offered up her leopard print coat.
“Her fashion influence goes without saying! She has such a recognisable style and this jacket epitomises that,” she gushed.
Other auction highlights include a rare antique pink Christian Dior dressing gown from Margherita Missoni, Thandie Newton’s Jimmy Choo collection, and Laura Bailey’s Prada dress.
“It’s great to see so many parts of the fashion industry act in such a resourceful way to support the effort,” Moizant told Vogue.com. “I’m really happy that we can use our platform and community to play a part.”
© Cover Media
Demi Lovato is donating $125,000 (£101,000) from her new Fabletics collection to frontline workers during the Covid-19 crisis.The Skycraper singer revealed the news on Instagram on Tuesday, and told her 79 million followers that she originally toyed w…
Demi Lovato is donating $125,000 (£101,000) from her new Fabletics collection to frontline workers during the Covid-19 crisis.
The Skycraper singer revealed the news on Instagram on Tuesday, and told her 79 million followers that she originally toyed with the idea of scrapping the new collection, which is set to be unveiled on Thursday.
“I’ve really been going back and forth on if this was the right time… but decided this is a time to provide inspiration for my fans at home and to help those in need,” Demi wrote in the caption, alongside a picture of her official statement. “$5 for every item sold will provide crucial gear to frontline workers, pledging up to $125,000 now through June 30 supporting the Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization, powered by the United Nations Foundation. #Demi4Fabletics is coming 04/02/20.”
The Sorry Not Sorry hitmaker first collaborated with the sportswear brand, co-founded by actress Kate Hudson, in 2017.
In the accompanying statement, Demi said she had been “reflecting” on the decision to launch for a few days, but decided that now was the time to “inspire others” with the workout gear, that she hoped would help women “channel your inner strength”.
“In addition to lifting those up in need right now, it’s so important for us all to feel empowered, invincible and strong from the inside out. My collection is designed to do just that – uplifting you with bold colours and amazing contouring for the biggest confidence boost,” the 27-year-old noted. “I hope you’ll join me on our journey to project positivity, build inner strength and boost each other up! This is our chance to help the people in our community who need it most during the extraordinary time.”
© Cover Media
Sofia Richie is planning on wearing a headscarf until she can make an appointment with her hairdresser once again.The model/influencer has been practicing social distancing and staying at home in accordance with advice from World Health Organization (W…
Sofia Richie is planning on wearing a headscarf until she can make an appointment with her hairdresser once again.
The model/influencer has been practicing social distancing and staying at home in accordance with advice from World Health Organization (WHO) officials during the current coronavirus pandemic.
Taking to her Instagram Stories over the weekend, Sofia posted a filtered selfie showing her wearing a colourful head accessory and black T-shirt.
“I will be wearing a scarf on my head until @taunidawson is able to do my roots,” she wrote in the caption, referring to hairstylist Tauni Dawson from Nine Zero One salon in Los Angeles.
However, Sofia will undoubtedly have to make a time with Tauni quickly once the quarantine guidelines lift as the colourist also counts the likes of Miley Cyrus and blogger Marianna Hewitt among her high-profile clientele.
Earlier on Sunday, the star also posted a string of clips showing her taking in part in an online workout session with The Sculpt Society founder’s Megan Roup on her balcony.
“So excited for dance cardio RN (right now),” the 21-year-old added.
Many other celebrities have also taken to social media to express a little concern over what their hair may look like in the coming weeks. However, TV host Kelly Ripa recently urged her fans not to even contemplate an at-home trim.
“I know from where I speak,” she shared. “I cut my bangs before the Daytime Emmys about 22 years ago and I’ve never gotten over it.”
© Cover Media
Gucci has pledged to donate $2.2 million (£1.7 million) towards relief efforts during the coronavirus crisis.Since the outbreak began in Wuhan, China last December, there has been 550,000 reported cases around the world and approximately 24,900 deaths…
Gucci has pledged to donate $2.2 million (£1.7 million) towards relief efforts during the coronavirus crisis.
Since the outbreak began in Wuhan, China last December, there has been 550,000 reported cases around the world and approximately 24,900 deaths. At present, the U.S., France, and Spain are among the worst affected nations, while hospitals in Italy are being overwhelmed with an estimated 62,000 active cases.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, executives at Italian fashion house Gucci announced on Thursday that they will be donating $1.1 million (£897,000) to the Italian Civil Protection Department in aid of health services in Italy and another $1.1 million to the United Nations Foundation’s Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund in support of the World Health Organization via Facebook’s $10 million Matching Fundraiser. Officials at the health groups are monitoring and collecting data on the spread of the virus to strengthen intensive care units across the world, supplying protection equipment to health personnel, and fast-tracking the creation of vaccines and therapies.
“Gucci has created a world, open and free: a Gucci global community,” creative director Alessandro Michele and chief executive officer Marco Bizzarri said in a joint statement. “We ask all of you to be the changemakers in this crisis, to stand together with us in the fight against the coronavirus. We are all in this together.”
Meanwhile, Valentino founders Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti are contributing $1.1 million towards the newly established Columbus Covid 2 Hospital in Rome.
“In such a dramatic moment for the whole world, we wanted to give our contribution to win this crucial battle against this invisible, but terrible enemy,” they commented. “Our deepest gratitude goes to those women and men who are fighting night and day to save human lives in our hospitals.”
Other major Italian fashion brands to pledge contributions towards the crisis include Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, and Versace.
© Cover Media
Ralph Lauren has donated $10 million (£8.2 million) to help in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.In an announcement on Thursday, the American fashion icon confirmed that executives at his charitable foundation would be dispersing the money in…
Ralph Lauren has donated $10 million (£8.2 million) to help in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
In an announcement on Thursday, the American fashion icon confirmed that executives at his charitable foundation would be dispersing the money in order to aid organisations, workers, and communities in providing vital support and services to those in need.
“At the heart of our company, there has always been a spirit of togetherness that inspires our creativity, our confidence and most importantly our support for one another,” Lauren said. “In the past weeks and months, that spirit has never wavered. We believe that no matter who you are or where you are from, we are all connected. That is why we are taking significant action to help our teams and communities through this crisis.”
The huge donation will be used in a number of ways in the U.S. and around the world, including contributing to the World Health Organization’s Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund, supporting vulnerable cancer patients through Lauren’s existing Pink Pony Fund, and providing emergency financial grants for the Emergency Assistance Foundation.
Employees at the Ralph Lauren label will also be producing 25,000 gowns and 250,000 masks for doctors, nurses, and health care workers on the frontline.
“We recognise that this is an unprecedented, multifaceted crisis which demands different responses for different needs in different places. That is why we are funding multiple activities to support our teams, our partners and our communities around the world,” added Patrice Louvet, president and chief executive officer of The Ralph Lauren Corporate Foundation.
Lauren and Louvet have also committed to donating to the Council of Fashion Designers of America/Vogue Fashion Fund and those in the American fashion community impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
© Cover Media
Kendall Jenner has hit back at claims speculating she’s not taking orders to self-isolate seriously.The model sparked concern on Tuesday after she posted a snap of her classic 1965 red Ford Mustang on social media, with one fan commenting: “UHMMM NO, S…
Kendall Jenner has hit back at claims speculating she’s not taking orders to self-isolate seriously.
The model sparked concern on Tuesday after she posted a snap of her classic 1965 red Ford Mustang on social media, with one fan commenting: “UHMMM NO, Stay Home.”
In response, Kendall reassured her 125 million Instagram followers that she was only “starting up” the vehicle from her home and was abiding by the advice of California Governor, Gavin Newsom, to practice social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic.
“Of course I’m staying home!!” the 24-year-old responded. “Taking this quarantine v seriously… but also not a bad idea to get some fresh air as long as you keep a safe distance from others and follow all guidelines 🙂 everyone stay healthy.”
Earlier in the week, Kendall admitted she “misses” her pals amid the lockdown, but also reflected: “The sooner we quarantine, the sooner we can get back to our peoples again (sic).”
Officials from the World Health Organization (WHO) have urged people to stay home and practice social distancing amid the global health crisis, which has seen more than 452,000 cases of Covid-19 confirmed, with over 21,300 deaths registered, since the outbreak began in Wuhan, China last December.
© Cover Media
Victoria Beckham is working from home amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.The British fashion designer took to Instagram on Tuesday to post a throwback photo from her days in the Spice Girls depicting her standing next to a computer. “#TeamVB is WFH …
Victoria Beckham is working from home amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The British fashion designer took to Instagram on Tuesday to post a throwback photo from her days in the Spice Girls depicting her standing next to a computer.
“#TeamVB is WFH (working from home),” she captioned the fun snap. “And for those of us with kids, we are also all working around a classroom schedule. Keep smiling! For as long as this is our new normal we will make it positive x (All technology accepted!!!!!) xxxx VB.”
The mother-of-four is following advice from World Health Organization (WHO) officials to practice social distancing and stay home, as she prepares to isolate with her husband David Beckham and their children Romeo, 17, Cruz, 15, and Harper, eight. Eldest son Brooklyn, 21, is currently in the U.S. with his girlfriend, Nicola Peltz.
Victoria took to her Instagram Stories to share more footage of David leading an art class for Romeo, Cruz, and Harper on Monday, after schools across the U.K. closed their doors as part of the lockdown.
She joked the 44-year-old was moonlighting as an art teacher for the day, writing alongside an image of one of their daughter’s creations: “@davidbeckham has some teaching skills.”
Later, Victoria also filmed Harper using an iPad to work on her maths skills with the help of digital games.
The outbreak of Covid-19 has seen more than 420,000 cases of the virus registered worldwide, resulting in a death toll of over 18,900.
© Cover Media